Are mice invading your home? Do you want to get rid of mice quickly? Are you looking for the best mouse traps? If yes, here are the best methods to get rid of mice naturally. Check out the article till the end to know about mouse traps and to keep them away from your home.
Here are the Best 5 Ways to Get Rid of Mice
There are many ways to get rid of mice naturally but we have listed the most effective and commonly used methods for you. Have a look at them.
1. How to get rid of mouse using mousetraps
The most commonly used method to get rid of a mouse is to set up a mousetrap. this is the first method which people adopt whenever they see a mouse around them.
How many mousetraps do I need?
Your goal is to catch all the mice within the first few days of setting the traps. You can’t give them time to breed and make more of a mess. I recommend you set up the minimum of six mouse traps.
What type of mousetrap is best?
Here are top 3 mouse traps.
- The Victor Electronic Mouse Trap is a true customer favorite since they are quick, clean and effective. They are easy to set and you don’t have to touch a dead mouse. The electric shock is quick and humane.
- The Snap-E Mouse Trap is the best selling and highest rated mousetrap. these traps are easy to set, bait and easy to release & reuse. These traps are made of strong plastic & steel.
- Havahart Live Catch Mouse Trap is a humane mouse trap. It has a cage design that allows air to circulate while the mouse is waiting to be released.
Where should I put the mousetraps?
Once you have decided which mousetrap you want to use, the next step is to choose the correct location. Place the mousetrap at that place where you are seeing most of the mice. This is a critical step in your success in getting rid of mice with mousetraps.
Find out where the mice are sleeping. Place the traps a few feet away from their home base along the walls. Another great location is behind furniture. Try these locations for few days. If you don’t get anything, be ready to change the location. You may either change the bait, the location of the trap, or the type of trap you are using.
How often should I check the mouse traps?
The short answer is to check it at least twice a day. You have to remove mice from the trap as soon as possible you catch. this is important for health reasons since you don’t want to allow the mice to start decomposing.
How do I know when I have caught all the mice?
When you don’t see any mice droppings or other evidence for several days, it means you have caught all the mice.
2. How to safely use bait & poison to control your mouse problem
The decision to use poison to get rid of mice is a controversial one. Some people feel it’s cruel since most poisons work by dehydrating the mouse. If you decide to use poison to kill the mice in your home just follow these precautions.
- Always use mouse bait in sealed bait stations.
- Don’t place the baiting station in the open. They should be under cabinets, behind the refrigerators.
- Use poison only inside the home.
- Wear gloves while handling the bait.
Read More: How to Get Rid Of Fruit Flies in Your Home
3. How to get rid of mice using natural methods
The natural methods of getting rid of mice include the use of deterrents like strong smell that drives mice away. The most effective mouse deterrents are peppermint and kitty litter.
4. Get rid of Mice by calling a professional mouse exterminator
Do you know when to hire a mouse exterminator? If you are trying to get rid of mice for more than a few weeks, your best solution is to hire an exterminator. This is also the easiest way to get rid of mice. Here are few reasons why you should hire exterminator:
- A profession exterminator knows all the places where mice like to hide. They will save you a lot of time in finding the correct location.
- They are trained in all the evasive tactics mice will use to escape your trap.
- Also, they know how to find the area of your home from where mice are getting in. A good exterminator will seal all the points of weakness in your home.
5. How to prevent mice from coming inside your home
Prevention is better than cure. No matter what method you decide to get rid of the mouse, you will need to work on prevention. The two most important steps are to keep food stored away in sealed containers and secure your house from any point of entry.
Just remember to act quickly. the longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes.